Transcode is a suite of command line utilities for transcoding video and audio codecs
, and for converting beween different container formats
. Transcode can decode and encode many audio and video formats, e.g.
A variety of video and audio pre and post-processing filters are available, including (but not limited to):
- video de-interlacing
- audio resampling
- framerate conversion
Transcode can import DVDs on-the-fly, or record from Video4Linux (including V4L2 video capturing) devices.
See General Information for a more detailed description of Transcode's capabilities.
Or scroll down and choose your topic of interest from the documentation part below.
September 24, 2008
January 18 (Sunday), 2009
- New Transcode Support Site Launched on http://tcforge.berlios.de
- For the full announcement see .
- Transcode 1.1.0 released!
- Transcode 1.0.7 released!
- Transcode 1.0.6 released!
- Transcode 1.0.5 released!
- Transcode 1.0.4 released!
- Transcode 1.0.3 released!
- Transcode 1.0.2 released!
- Transcode-htdocs 1.0.0 released!
Latest Source Tarballs and CVS Access
There are two mailinglists, one for development related topics and one for discussions about transcode usage and other audio/video related topics
searchable mailinglist archives can be found here
Always look in the archives before you ask a question! And see
This makes it easier for others to answer your questions.
Also you can meet us on IRCnet in #transcode.
- Development - Documentation and discussions about Transcode development
An issue tracking system is avalaible on tcforge.berlios.de at http://developer.berlios.de/bugs/?group_id=10094 .
See also Bug Showcase for some known bugs (the tcforge page is preferred anyway)
Some historical bugs are also listed in our old experimental bug tracker: http://tcfoundry.hostme.it/mantis
The old mantis is maintained in read-only only for historical reasons. The bugs still alive are moved
on the tcforge bug tracker
IMPORTANT!! The Transcode Wiki requires a password for editing.
You can get the password by sending an email to wikimaster A T transcoding D O T org.
- To use your Wiki password, click on the Preferences link at the bottom of the page you wish to edit, and enter the password in the Administration Password box.
- Any internal links that you create using the [[Link]] syntax become permanent fixtures of the wiki the first time you edit the page created for the link, so be sure of the name before you type!! See the Formatting Rules page for info on editing and formatting your wiki pages.
Remember to use underscores: [[Foo_Bar]], not spaces, in your local link names!!
Test what you learn there on the Graffiti page before editing your own page. ;^)